How is it delivered?
Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable Assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.
The course aims
These qualifications aim to:
- Provide learners with a range of underpinning knowledge in both generic and specialist cleaning principles
- Meet the needs of learners who work or want to work in the cleaning sector.
These qualifications can act as a knowledge-based certificate within the cleaning apprenticeship framework.
The objective of these qualifications is to help learners develop their knowledge and understanding of the skills required for working in the cleaning sector.
To achieve the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles you must achieve 13 credits; 10 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units and a minimum of 3 credits from the optional units.
The qualification consists of the following mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 02 Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 03 Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
3 credits chosen from a list of 16 optional units and in line with job role
Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles and evidences knowledge of the subject area.
Academic Level and assessment
Credit value: 13
Assessors must be satisfied that candidates have achieved all learning outcomes and assessment criteria related to the unit being assessed prior to deciding if candidates have been successful. Assessors are also responsible for supporting candidates through the assessment process.
Assessment requirements: internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio of evidence.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain understanding in the Principles of Cleaning.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
Entry is at the discretion of the centre. However, learners should be 16 to undertake the qualification.
Targeted job roles
- Covers cleaner/supervisor
- Housing concierge
- Caretaker supervisor/ manager
- Facilities manager
- Care workers
- Domiciliary care workers’ community
- Support and outreach workers
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning and Support Services Skills
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 2 qualifications in Enterprise
- NCFE Functional Skills qualifications
Visit our dedicated funding information page to find out more.