How is it delivered?
Initial assessment against all units to make up credits, complete individual learning plan. Learning and assessment will be planed each visit and you will have the support of a knowledgeable Assessor/ Tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete at each visit. Where you feel due to experience, you can go straight to holistic assessment. This will allow more time for the knowledge and skill elements that have come from Initials Assessment to full qualification
This qualification aims to:
- Provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to successfully work in customer services
- Develop learners’ skills in communication, resolving queries and meeting customers’ needs
- Build learners’ knowledge of the principles of customer service.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Develop customer service skills that can be relied upon by employers in a range of industries
- Provide learners with the skills and knowledge needed to communicate effectively with customers and provide effective customer service.
This qualification contains 5 mandatory units to help you gain skills and knowledge in these areas:
- Unit 01 Deliver customer service
- Unit 02 Understand customers
- Unit 03 Principles of customer service
- Unit 04 Understand employer organisations
- Unit 05 Manage personal performance and development
Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles and evidences knowledge of the subject area.
Academic Level and assessment
Credit value: 45
A total of 19 credits from Group A
A minimum of 3 credits from Group B
Minimum of 16 credits from Group C
Remaining credits can be taken from Groups B, C or D. ( 34 units in total )
Assessors must be satisfied that candidates have achieved all learning outcomes and assessment criteria related to the unit being assessed prior to deciding if candidates have been successful. Assessors are also responsible for supporting candidates through the training and assessment process.
Assessment requirements: internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio of evidence
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
This qualification’s ideal for people who have the scope to bring about permanent improvements in service delivery that benefits their organisation and its customers. Learners don’t necessarily have to be in a role where they’re directly responsible for people and will benefit those already working in, or seeking work in a customer related role.
To be eligible for funding, then the learner must not already hold a Level 4 or higher qualification, been a resident in the EU for the past 3 years and currently live and work in England.
Targeted job roles
Junior/apprentice customer service assistant
Junior/apprentice personal assistant
Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
Visit our dedicated funding information page to find out more.